Tuesday, December 15, 2020

George Burns visit to Dubuque 1980

While browsing through my many files of memorabilia, I found his article I wrote for the August 1980 issue of "Memory Lane" magazine. It recalls the George Burns appearance at Five Flags Theater where I was fortunate to direct my orchestra, expanded to 15 musicians to backup this legendary performer. I'm including some additional photos taken during the rehearsal and show by the legendary Dubuque photographer, Jim Schafer. 





Enjoying a few laughs during rehearsal


George sets the tempo he wants


George relaxes with a cigar 


George on stage 


Preparing to sing "I Wish I Were 18 Again"

It was an unforgettable evening. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Rise and Fall of the Dubuque Brewing and Malting Building

                                           The Rise and Fall of the Dubuque Brewing and Malting Building (by Paul Hemmer – April 2024) ...